Last week, I wrote a post about the book, Plan B: What Do You Do When God Doesn't Show Up The Way You Thought He Would? by Pete Wilson. This week, I wanted to give you a taste of what this book has to offer. Here are a few of my favorite quotes from the book:
1. "Deep hurt and shattered dreams have a way of blinding us to the character and beauty of God" (20).
2. "Despite what your current circumstances are telling you, God is for you. He is there. He is working things out for you good" (24).
3. "Even those of us what have trusted our heavenly father with our eternities often have a tough time trusting him with our tomorrows" (61).
4. "God is most powerfully present when he seems most apparently absent" (69).
5. "We must decide if we are going to put our faith in what God does or in who God is" (81).
6. "We're called to be faithful to God even when it seems he hasn't been faithful to us. We're called to love him even when we feel abandoned. We're called to look for him even in the midst of the darkness. We're called to worship him even through our tears" (118).
7. "It's amazing the bright light God allows our lives to become when we give him all we have in the midst of the darkness" (120).
8. "Part of the reason you feel so shattered and so broken in the midst of your Plan B situation is that you gave your love and devotion to your plans and dreams instead of God" (156).
9. "There are two very different types of hope in this world. One is hoping for something, and the other is hoping in someone" (169).
10. "The cross is proof that he does not always change the circumstance, but that he works every circumstance to his purpose" (224).