Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Mother's Request

Today marks one week. One week ago, we learned our little Eden's heart was no longer beating. I wanted to do something for her today to serve as a remembrance. I hadn't expected it to be so difficult. It felt like I was saying goodbye all over again. My mom and I went shopping at Hobby Lobby to find the perfect memento. We ended up getting a beautiful shadow box. In the box, I'm going to put the name "EDEN," as well as our final ultrasound picture.


I wish I could do more. I love the box, but it doesn't feel like enough. I get to spoil Rylan every day. I get to hug him and give him "Night, Night" kisses every evening before bed. I have photo album after photo album full of pictures of his first two years. And all I have for Eden is one memory box. I just don't want her to feel deprived. I want her to know how much we love her. And how much we miss her. God, please tell her for me. Make sure she knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment