Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dreading Easter?

I'm dreading Easter this year. Eden was due on April 27th, three days after Easter Sunday. The closer we get to that date, the more difficult it becomes. There's just something about the due date. I guess it's because it's the day I should be holding my baby. It's the day I should be introducing her to family members. It's the day I should be rocking her to sleep or changing her diaper fifteen times a day.

Am I excited about Jesus' resurrection? Absolutely. His resurrection is the only thing that gives me hope of ever holding my babies. Am I excited to see how the Lord uses this holiday to reach out to new people? Certainly.

But that doesn't take away the pain. It doesn't remove the reminder.

Although...maybe it's a blessing in disguise. Maybe instead of dreading Easter, I should be thankful that her due date was near the holiday. Yes, Easter will probably always be somewhat difficult for me now. But what better holiday to remember a baby on than the one that promises I'll get to see her again?

No comments:

Post a Comment