Friday, July 15, 2011

Dancing While I Can

For those of you who don't know, Keith and I are expecting again. This isn't exactly how I was hoping to announce, but I got some bad news this week. Ever since we found out, I've been going in for bloodwork. My levels looked great for the first two weeks, but this week they didn't go up as much as my doctor wanted. I have an ultrasound appointment next week to find out for sure what's going on-if everything is okay or if I'm having another miscarriage. To say that I'm nervous would be an understatement. Everything within me wants this baby. I don't want to do this all again-not for a third time.


Last night, on the way home from Vacation Bible School, I heard the song, "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. It got me thinking. I may not have very much longer with this baby. We could be losing her. Hearing this song reminded me of this, though: regardless of how much time I have with this baby, I'll dance with her while I can.

I hope I have more than a week. I hope I have years. But if I don't, I'll at least dance with her while she's here. . . before the clock strikes midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment