Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Club No One Wants to Join

In the midst of a storm, it's so easy to ask why. Why did God allow this to happen? Why did this happen to me? Why can't things go back to how they used to be?

Though I could never claim to know why God allowed our baby to die, I'm at least starting to understand how He can use our pain. Since we lost our baby, woman after woman has shared her story of loss with me. Approximately one in three pregnancies end in miscarriage. With each story of loss, I learn more and more that I'm not alone. Other couples have been there and survived. Other couples have used their suffering to help me.

That's what I want to do. I don't want my suffering to be worth nothing. If my pain can help someone else heal, then who am I to ask why? Now that I have been forced in to the club that no one wants to join,  I want to help other women-other women who, like me, have cried as they entered but are learning day by day to smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment