The other day, while reading through various blogs I follow, I came across Michael Hyatt's post about adversity. In it, he listed seven better questions to ask in the midst of a trail. Instead of asking "why," ask these questions:
- What if this isn’t the end but a new beginning?
- What if the answer to my prayer is just over the next hill?
- What if this is necessary in order for me to be prepared for the next important chapter in my life?
- What if God knows exactly what I need at this particular time?
- What if God is speaking to me through means I would not have chosen for a blessing I cannot see?
- What does this experience make possible?
- What will I be telling my grandchildren that I learned was so valuable in this season of my life?
So is God allowing me to feel alone on purpose? Is he causing it? Who knows. But I'd much rather it be that than be because he really is distant...