Saturday, January 29, 2011

More Than Just a Name

We named our baby Jesse. It has two meanings, both of which apply. The first meaning is "Jehovah exists." The loss of this baby attacked my faith more than the loss of Eden. But I still believe with all of my heart that Jehovah exists. Life is hard, awful at times, but God is still in control. He's still reigning.

The second meaning is "gift." We never got to see this baby on an ultrasound. He was always too small. We never got to hear the heartbeat. But he was still our baby, still our gift. And I'm thankful for the 7-9 weeks I was blessed to carry him. (BTW, we think this one was a boy. Who knows if we're right? Someday we'll know for sure.)

So Jesse, I love you. I can't wait to meet you someday. Tell Eden hello from us. We miss you both like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment