Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Letter to My Babies

Eden and Jesse,
I hope you know how much your mommy loves you. I'm sorry I never got to hold you. I'm sorry I wasn't able to carry you both to term. I'm sorry I wasn't able to fix whatever was wrong. I know you'll tell me it's not my fault, but I need you to know how sorry I am that I wasn't able to save you. Parents are supposed to protect their children. They're supposed to keep them from falling. I wasn't able to do that for you. Forgive me, little ones. I wish I could have. I love you both so much. And you are a part of our family. When people ask me how many children I have, I'll tell them three. Because you will always be my babies. 
Until the day I get to hold you in my arms, 
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Very beautifully said. Thirty years (or more) down the road, you will still remember them. I know. God be with you and strengthen you.

    ReplyDelete