Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Forever My Child

Baby Eden,
April 27, 2011 is a day that will be forever etched into my mind. It's the day we were supposed to welcome you into the world. Today should be a day of celebration. Family should be here, ooing and awwing over your tiny hands and feet. Your big brother Rylan should be asking us if he can hold you (and I should be worried that he'll accidentally drop you.) Today, you should be in my arms.

I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, you're in heaven. You're healthy and whole. And though I'm glad for that, there is a large part of me that still wants you here. I love you, baby Eden. I will never forget you. Even when this day is over, long after your due date has passed, you will still be my baby. Always on my heart, always on my mind, forever my child.

I'm so glad I was able to carry you for twelve weeks. And though I'm not carrying you around with me anymore physically, I hope you know that I'm still carrying you in my heart. I love you, sweet Eden.

No comments:

Post a Comment