Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Name for Baby #4

When I first thought I was miscarrying, God laid a certain song on my heart. Nearly every time I turned on the radio, this song was playing. It wasn't about suffering or miscarriages or loss, but for some reason, God used this song to speak to me. I wrote a blog post about it here.

God used this song called "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman to teach me to enjoy the days I had with my baby. They were much fewer than I would have liked. I wanted a lifetime, but got only 8 weeks. Nonetheless, this song helped me enjoy at least a few of those days with my baby.

Because of the impact this song had on me in those last few weeks of pregnancy, we've decided to name our baby "Ella." The name doesn't mean anything special. (Some websites say it means "foreign," others "light," etc.) But this time, the meaning isn't in the name, per say. It's in the song.

I didn't get to dance with my Cinderella as long as I wanted, but at least I got to dance with her. At least we had a few weeks. I love you, baby Ella, and someday we'll get to dance again.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful...perfect...my eyes got misty reading this and listening to the song.

    Hugs & prayers to you,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayer is that your sweet babies, and my precious Holden are playing together in heaven. My prayers will be with you Lindsey, as we just passed a due date this week as well.
    ~Bekki Lindner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bekki, I'm sorry to hear about your loss as well. Due dates are hard, so I'll be praying for you in this rough season as well. Baby Holden was lucky to have you as a mom.

    ReplyDelete