I noticed that several people found my blog by searching for this: "What helps after a miscarriage?" Unfortunately, I didn't really have a post that talked about this. Well, I will now! Here a few things that helped me heal after our miscarriages:
1. Talking about it with someone I trusted, someone who wouldn't judge me for feeling angry or abandoned by God. (If you don't have anyone like this in your life, a counselor might be a good place to start. I know it's expensive. But if it helps you heal, a few sessions are worth the money.)
2. Allowing myself to feel any and every emotion. For months, I buried anger. I thought I wasn't supposed to feel mad. It was only when I allowed myself to feel that I started to experience some relief.
3. Reading other people's miscarriage stories. I cried when I read their stories. A LOT. But it helped to know I wasn't alone.
4. Doing things to remember my babies. We did a memorial service for a couple of our miscarriages. We also remember them every year on October 15th.
5. Telling myself the truth, even when my heart didn't believe it. I had to tell myself over and over again, "It's not my fault. I didn't cause this. It's not my fault."
Those of you who have miscarried, what else helps?